The general expressions that you define at the parent set level allows you to evaluate conditions at the transaction level. However, you need to use Forward to set to evaluate line-items, payment mode, or tracker values of the transaction. When you use Forward to set on a condition, it creates a subset where you can define rules on the transaction items.
You can either use lineitem unrolling or payment method unrolling, or both of them in a single action.
Topics on this page:
- Evaluate rules at the lineitem level (Enable lineitem unrolling)
- Evaluate payment modes (Enable payment method unrolling)
- Evaluate multiple conditions (at the event level)
The following are the options available for the Forward to set action.
Evaluate rules at the lineitem level (Enable lineitem unrolling)
Enable the toggle button to evaluate rules on transaction lineitems. When enabled, L+ evaluates the defined rules for every line item of the transaction.
You will see the options shown in the following image.
- Use lineitem proportions: Enable this option when line item amounts may not add up to the transaction amount. Enable this when there is a bill level discount that you want to distribute to the line-items of the transaction..
- Maximise points allocation: Enable this option to maximize points for the eligible payment methods - payment methods marked as eligible under Advanced Settings.
Points are allocated for the total eligible amount rather than on a prorated basis. Individual line item amounts are not considered when this option is enabled.
Evaluate payment modes (Enable payment method unrolling)
This option lets you run rules on individual payment methods. When you on Enable payment method unrolling, the rules defined in the forwarded set would be evaluated multiple times - it repeats for every payment method in the transaction.
Evaluate multiple conditions (at the event level)
If you just need to evaluate more expressions before executing an action:
- Disable both Enable lineitem unrolling and Enable payment method unrolling
- Click Save to proceed to configuring the new sub set. You will see a new sub-set.