Return conditions allow an org to define conditions on the reissue of points after a customer returns a transaction or transaction line item.
Points are returned in two ways as explained in the following.
You can reverse the redeemed points, such that the points expiry for those points is restored to the original. There are some configurations for points reversal depending on the reference transaction number.
- Redemption without reference transaction number: If redemption is made without any transaction number then you can reverse points on the basis of redemption ID using the option Redemption reference captured in the bill. Points expiry for reversed points is restored to the original without altering the expiry date.
- Redemption with reference transaction number: If redemption is made with transaction number then you can reverse points on the basis of redemption ID using the option Redemption reference captured in the bill. Points expiry for reversed points is restored to the original without altering the expiry date.
Prerequisites for points reversal support
- Enable Allow_points_redemption_reversal config on EMF settings. Only the back-end team has access to this page. Please raise a ticket if you want this to enable.
- Enable V2 API as points reversal is supported only in V2.0.
- Enable Redemption reference captured in the bill on Points Return (Loyalty+)page.
In a case where no transaction or redemption reference number is available, you can reissue points and set an expiry strategy. Hence, reissued points will have a new expiry date.
To configure points return, follow these steps.
- On Intouch, navigate to Menu > Loyalty+ > Programs.
- In Programs, select the program you want to edit.
- Click Edit Program
- Click Points.
- Click Add Return Conditions.
- Enable Return Used Points.
- In Return used points based on, select any of the following options based on which points are returned.
- Points tender mode: To reissue redeemed points in form of currency relevant for the org. You need to set the expiry strategy for the reissued points in Select expiry strategy for reissued points.
- Redemption Reference in the Bill: To reverse redeemed points with the redemption reference number captured in the transaction. The expiry strategy will also be reversed to the original.
- Bill Number in Redemption API: When a customer returns a transaction for which certain points are redeemed, it is required to return those redeemed points. Hence, to reverse points, you need to configure the reference number to be considered for redemption.
- In Expiry condition for returned points., define how reissued points will expire for the chosen return method.
- Click Done.
Configure customer activity for points reversal
In Customer Activity, two actions are supported for points reversal - 1. Reverse points and 2. Send message.
To configure events for points reversal, follow these steps.
- In Workflow, go to Customer Activity and click TransactionAdd.
- Select Redeemed points get reversed.
- In Condition, leave the Expression and Expression equals to default - true. No rules are applicable for points reversal.
- In Points redemption reversal action, leave Points Expiry to the default option. This will return the expiry of the reverse points to the original expiry.
- In Channels, set the message you want to send to customers for points reversal. For more details on channel configuration, see Communications.
- Click Save to save the changes.