Expiry conditions allow you to set the validity period for points issued through either Loyalty+ or Engage+, and you can also define how these points expire. Points expiry is useful to bring inactive customers back to the store before the validity period of points ends. Expiry conditions are used in tier downgrade, earn condition, redeem conditions and return conditions too.
|For MLP, points expiry strategies created in a program cannot be used in any other program of the org, not even in the org's default program.|
TOPICS ON THIS PAGE
Create expiry condition
To configure expiry conditions, do the following.
- On Intouch, navigate to Menu > Loyalty+ > Programs.
- In Programs, select the program you want to edit.
- Click Edit Program.
- Click Points.
- Click Add Expiry Conditions.
- In Name, enter the condition name.
- In Description, describe the condition.
- In Select module for this condition, select the module (Loyalty/Campaigns-Engage+) for which the condition is applicable.
- In Expire Pts. Based on, select your preferred option to define the criteria for points expiry.
|Event Date||Points expire on the configured date based on the last activity (transaction/registration) done by the customer. For example, if a customer buys a shirt on June 10, 2021, then the validity period for points for this customer can be set on any day after this transaction was made.|
|Rolling Expiry from Event Date||The current date of points expiry is reset to a new date based on the recent transaction date. That is, if a customer earns points before the expiry of existing points, the validity of all points will reset to the new points expiry date.|
For example, if a customer who made a transaction on June 10, 2021, has their point expiring on July 10, 2021, but they again made a transaction on July 7, 2021, then customers’ existing points along with the newly acquired point will have a new validity period, based on the transaction made on July 7, 2021.
Note: Only the points that were issued via rolling strategies are extended.
|Membership Event Date||Points expire automatically when the membership expires. This is usually used for membership-based loyalty. For example, if a customer has subscribed to a Platinum membership with a Digital store, and has his/her membership expiring in January 2022, then the points earned by this customer also expire in January 2022.|
- Enable Same for all Tiers.
|The condition becomes relevant for all tiers. If disabled, you have to configure conditions for each tier.|
- In Time Unit, select your preferred option to set the validity period for points.
Points expire after the configured number of days.
For example, if a customer makes a transaction on July 1, 2021, and the Days for expiry is set as 10, points will expire on July 11, 2021.
Points expire after the configured number of months.
Note: Points will expire only on the last day of the month,
For example, if a customer makes a transaction on July 10, 2021, and Months for expiry is set as 1, points will expire on August 31, 2021.
Points expire on the configured date.
For example, if a customer makes a transaction on June 1, 2021, and the Date for expiry is set as August 10, 2021, then points will expire on this fixed date only.
|Never||Points will never expire for the customer.|
- In Expire Pts. at the end of, enter the days or number of months for points to expire.
For Date, you have to select a date on which points expire. For Never, there is no configuration required.
- Click Done.
Configure Rule Sets for Points Expiry Strategy
Once you configure points expiry conditions, you need to configure the PointsRedemption event on the EventsView page to define when to execute the redemption strategy.
- On the Customer Activity page, when setting points allocation action, you will see Expiry Condition. Select the desired points expiry for the chosen allocation type.
- Click Save & Continue to reflect the changes in the live program.