This page lets you configure some key org level promotion settings.
To configure promotion settings, on Engage+, navigate to Settings > Cart Promotions.
Click on the section that you want to configure.
- Select cart & lineitem evaluation mechanism
- Enable multiple promotions for a single lineitem
- Select promotion ranking strategy
- Enable ranking based on promotion type
- Custom fields
Select cart & lineitem evaluation mechanism
This lets you set the order of evaluation on the entity level.
- Lineitem with cart: Select this option to first apply promotions on lineitem and then the cart level promotion on the new amount (sub-total).
Assume the cart items mentioned in the table and their prices along. Promotions are applied as per the following ranking.
- 10% off on shoes
- Buy 1 towel & get 1 free
- 10% off on cart for purchases above 99
|Lineitem||Quantity||Value||Amount||After promotion discount (#1, #2)|
Now as per the option, promotion #3 is applied on the cart subtotal (after lineitem promotion is applied) -$100.
- Cart or lineitem with cart first: Select this option to apply cart promotions first. If cart promotions are not available, then apply lineitem promotions.
Consider the previous example, only Promotion #3 (cart promotion) will be applied. No lineitem promotions are applied.
Enable multiple promotions for a single lineitem
Enable this option to allow multiple promotions on different quantities of a lineitem or SKU.
For example, consider the following items are in the cart.
- 2 coke
- 3 biscuits
- 1 chai
If this is enabled, then multiple promotions are applied (see below example)
- 10 off on one coke
- 10% off on coke
Select promotion ranking strategy
When there are multiple promotions applicable for cart items (cart or catalog discount), you can define the ranking of promotions before applying them.
The promotion is either based on the maximum discount or earliest expiry. However, there could be instances where more than one promotion could be applicable to the cart or product. The secondary parameter is auto-applied in such cases.
- Earliest expiry: Select this to associate the promotion that has the earliest expiry date compared to other promotions that are applicable.
For example, assume the following promotions are applicable for Cart items - 2 shirts,3 Jeans, and 1 t-shirt - the following promotions are applicable.
- 100 off on T-shirt expiring in 3 days.
- 20% off on jeans expiring in 7 days.
- 10% off on jeans expiring in 5 days.
- 100 off on shirt each shirt expiring in 1 day.
- 10% off shirts expiring in 10 days.
- Buy 1 shirt get 1 shirt expiring in 1 day
In this, the promotions are sorted by the expiry date and applied as follows.
- Buy 1 shirt get 1 shirt expiring in 1 day - Applied
- 100 off on shirt each shirt expiring in 1 day
- 100 off on T-shirt expiring in 3 days - Applied
- 10% off on jeans expiring in 5 days- Applied
- 20% off on jeans expiring in 7 days
- 10% off shirts expiring in 10 days
In this example, you could observe that two promotions 1 and 2 (applicable on shirts) have the same expiry. In such cases, the system applies the one that was created earlier (say the first promotion was created earlier).
- Maximum discount: The promotion with the maximum discount value is considered. However, if there is more than one promotion with the same maximum discount value, among these promotions, the one that expires earlier is considered.
If the conflict still persists, then the system would choose a promotion randomly.
Enable ranking based on promotion type
Enable this option to prioritize a special type of promotion issued from the rewards catalog.
- Promotion first: Select this to prioritize normal promotion programs such as Loyalty, Loyalty earning and POS promotions when both normal and reward promotions are applicable.
- Rewards first: Select this to apply all promotions purchased from the rewards catalog (Marvel rewards) irrespective of any other settings. If the org has multiple promotions per lineitem disabled, the setting is bypassed and multiple rewards will apply. Rewards are essentially considered pre-bought gift items.
You can add promotion level custom fields (meta-information) that are required for your promotion. For example, you can include Terms & Conditions, Disclaimer and so on.
To add promotion custom fields:
- In Custom Fields, click Add custom field.
- In Name, enter the name of the custom field.
- In Datatype, choose the input value supported for the custom field - Date (for date fields), Number (to input numeric values), String (to input alpha-numeric values).
- If the field is required to create a promotion, check Mandatory.
- Click Save.
You can see the fields you added here in the Additional Information section of the promotion configuration page.