Trackers is a powerful tool to track custom values over a specific period. You can use trackers for Eligibility and Renewal strategies and also in Workflows for certain milestones. The custom values are bill amount, gross bill amount, line-item count, line-item quantity, line item price, and customer visits. You can create tracker strategies and define rule sets based on these custom values.
|Trackers are executed based on the TILL time but not based on the time specified for a transaction.|
To set trackers for transaction events, do the following.
- On Intouch, navigate to Loyalty+ > Programs.
- In Programs, select the program you want to edit.
- Click Edit Program and select Trackers.
- Click Add Trackers.
- In Name, enter the tracker name.
- In Tracked entity, select any of the following entities that you want to track.
Entity Description Transaction amount Create tracker cases based on the net transaction amount (with discount). For example, if the gross bill amount is $120 and the discount is $20, the (net) bill amount is $100. Transaction discount Create tracker cases based on the discount amount of a transaction. Transaction gross amount Create tracker cases based on the gross transaction amount (without discount). For example, if the net bill amount is $100 after a discount of $20, the gross bill amount is $120. Transaction total quantity Create tracker cases based on the total quantity of all line items purchased during the tracker period. For example, if a customer makes 10 transactions with 20 line items of quantity 3 each in 90 days, then the bill total quantity is 60. Lineitem amount Create tracker cases based on the purchase value of individual line items. Lineitem count Create tracker cases based on the number of line items purchased. For example, a customer can have 10 transactions for 20 days where the line items are 200. Lineitem quantity Create tracker cases based on the number of line items purchased. For example, a customer can have 10 transactions with 22 line items for 90 days. The number of line items purchased could be 50. Customer visits Create tracker cases based on the count of unique bills of a customer. Points Create tracker cases based on the number of points earned during the tracking period. Transaction extended field Create tracker cases on a transaction-level extended field. You can use extended fields with datatypes Integer or Double. Lineitem extended field Create tracker cases on a transaction lineitem-level extended field. You can use extended fields with datatypes Integer or Double.
- In Tracking Method, select any of the following methods to track entities.
Method Description Moving Window In Moving Window mode, when a customer makes a transaction, the tracker condition is checked for the previous X days (number of days set in Track for ___ days) until the transaction date. Cyclic Window
Track for ___ days
Calendar Based Cyclic Window
Cycles of calendar months are created based on the Start Date and the number of months set irrespective of the transaction date.
For example, if a Calendar based Cyclic Window is created with the start date Apr 5 and the number of months 3, then the cycles are created for three calendar months as shown in the illustration below. Then, based on the date of the transaction, the corresponding cycle will be considered.
Tier Change Window Calculates tracker values considering the last tier change date. For example, if a customer's tier changed on Aug 2, 2020, tracker values will be calculated from Aug 2, 2020, until the current date.
- In Maximum times to track per customer, enter the limit of tracking the selected metric for a single customer.
Trackers need to be incorporated in Workflows to define when they need to be evaluated and what happens when the milestone conditions are met.
- In Case Name, enter the name for the current tracker case.
- In Track For__days, enter the duration of the window to evaluate the tracker case.
- In What are the tracker's milestones, select any of the following options for two fields and enter the desired value.
Define the condition of that tracker case in this field. For example, if the Sum of transactions in 365 days are Equal to$1000.
- Field 1:
Option Description Sum It is the total of tracked entity values for the specified duration. For example for Bill Amount, the sum is the total value of all transactions (amount) tracked for a set duration. Count It is the number of times the entity is tracked in a specified duration. For example, for Bill Amount, the count is the number of transactions tracked for a specified time period.
- Field 2:
Option Description Equal to The condition becomes true if the Sum or Count is the same as the configured value Greater than The condition becomes true if the Sum or Count is more than the configured value. Less than The condition becomes true if the Sum or Count is less than the configured value. Greater than or Equal to The condition becomes true if the Sum or Count is either equal to or more than the configured value. Less than or Equal to The condition becomes true if the Sum or Count is either equal to or less than the configured value. Mod of Between The condition becomes true if the Sum or Count falls between the two configured values.
- Field 1:
- Enable Limit No. of forwards per customer and enter the value to limit the execution of the current tracker case.
Once the case is executed successfully for X times for a customer (where X is the value specified in this field), the tracker case will not be evaluated for that customer again.
- Click Save.
Configuring a Tracker (Tracker Rules)
Once you create a tracker strategy, it is important to configure rule sets to start tracking entities set in tracker strategies, evaluate tracker cases and trigger actions upon successful execution of tracker cases.To configure tracker based rules, go to the Workflow page and select Make a transaction.
The first parent set (Set1) is for new transaction activity, the second one is the TrackerSet where you can define rules on tracker cases. The last parent set is for the transaction finished activity.
- First Parent Set (Transaction start activity): The first parent set represents a new transaction event. This set is invoked whenever a new transaction happens. In this set, you can create rules based on new transaction events. This is always be represented by Set1.
- TrackerSet: The middle parent set represents tracker events. In this set, you can create rules based on tracker strategies and tracker cases. You can also configure multiple tracker conditions in this set.
- Third Parent Set (Transaction finished activity): The last parent set represents the transaction finished event. This set completes a transaction once all the trackers configured in the trackers set are completely evaluated. You can also define rules on a tracker finished event.
You can create multiple child sets for a parent set. Each child set consists of conditions and actions. In the case of trackers, a tracker strategy is considered as a child set and all the respective tracker cases are sub-sets of that child set. The numbering of parent sets varies based on the number of child sets created under each parent set.
When a transaction is made, the first set is invoked and forwards to the second set. The second set validates all the trackers and executes actions based on the rules and actions configured. The event then gets forwarded to the third set which completes the transaction event.
To create tracker based rules, do the following:
- On the EventsView page, choose TransactionAdd event and navigate to TrackerSet.
- Click +Condition.
- Leave Expression and Expression equals to true.
- In When field, click + and select the default Forward to Set action using +Add action > Click Save > Enable transaction item > Click Save.
A new tracker is created under the TrackerSet as shown above. The tracker name is generated by default. You cannot modify the tracker name. You can tag a tracker strategy to the tracker.Tag a tracker strategy to the tracker as explained in the following
- Navigate to the child tracker set
- In the When condition click +
- Select the Tracker Evaluation action and click Save.
- In Add tracker evaluation action, choose the tracker case for which you want to configure rules.
- In Trackers (Action field), choose the tracker strategy that you want to tag for the tracker and click Save.