An activity is an event or occurrence the program can identify. After creating strategies, you need to configure for what activity and on what condition your strategy needs to be executed.
You can define multiple rulesets for each activity. A ruleset can have one or more conditions to be evaluated and each condition can have one or more actions to be executed. A condition determines an expression that needs to be qualified qualifies, and an action specifies what to do if the condition is qualified.
Typically, when a customer performs an activity, the corresponding rule condition is evaluated and the corresponding action is executed when the condition is satisfied.
To configure rules for an activity, navigate to the Workflow and choose the desired customer activity.
Terminologies used in Workflow
- Activity: An activity is an action or occurrence detected by the loyalty program. You can configure multiple rule sets for an event. Loyalty Manager supports the following events: Transaction add, customer registration, profile update, points redemption, coupon redemption, transaction returns, transaction update, and tier upgrade.
- Rule Set: The combination of rules that are evaluated/executed as a single unit. A rule set consists of conditions
- Condition: The combination of rule expression and trigger action is a condition. For example, if currentTxn.value==5000 (rule expression), issue coupons (action)
- Rule Expression: Rule expression is a statement with a combination of profiles, profile attributes, methods, operators, and values that yields a result. For an event, if the rule expression qualifies as defined, the respective actions will be triggered. Example for a rule expression currentCustomer.joinDate.isWeekday()
- Action: An activity that is triggered when the criteria (expression + expression value) qualifies. It could be issue points or coupons, send messages, upgrade tier and so on.
Important points to consider while writing rule expressions: