Cart and Catalog promotions (Promo Engine), enable brands to run modern-day promotions with a primary focus on items on cart and catalog. Unlike PoS promotions, these are event-driven, AI-powered, rule & activity-based, and product or activities based incentives. These allow an array of benefits delivering instant gratification during product search or checkout.
PoS promotions are built for sales and not for relationships
Cart and category-based promotions bring together Capillary’s market-leading capabilities to provide
- Personalized and right in time catalog discounts for customers
- Equipped with AI-powered personalization & propensity models.
- product and activity-based offers
- Seamless checkout experience without the need to search for coupons or promo codes. Auto-applies during checkout.
- Multiple discount choices at various stages to help choose the best deal with no mental effort.
- Relevant & customized discounts nudging customers towards a purchase during the journey
- Convenient for orgs to upsell & cross-sell.
- Helps to configure strategies based on customer, product, store, location, and customer activities.
Sample use cases
- Fuel distributors can use the Promotion Engine to incentivize partners and individuals on purchases beyond fuel products. It offers fleet owners rewards. For example, when drivers make purchases they get promotions like free refreshments such as tea, coffee, biscuits, and other similar items on their regular fueling.
The following are examples of some live promotions.
- Segment-based: Four wheeler owners can get free filter coffee ($4/-) or mini cappuccino ($5/-) when customers fuel for $100. Avail once in 7 days and max 5 times.
- Quantity or Unit level: Discount of $1/gallon when you purchase fuel above 2 gallons. Offer capped to 10 gallons/day and a maximum of 100 gallons in a month.
- Wallet points can mean much more: Redeem 2000 points and get Main Grade fuel worth $50. Offer valid till July 31, on select stations on specific fuel categories
- Fashion retail brands can go beyond popular small ticket items and think more about driving experience to build loyalty:
- Know customers better and engage more: Customers increasingly recognize the value of their data. Offer rewards and better experience as motivation to share their data. For example, unlock 10% off Denim products up to $20 on date of birth update or email address update.
- Milestone based: Get 10% off on the next five transactions with a minimum cart amount of $100 for customers who complete $1000 in an annual purchase.
- Experiential hooks: Gift matching accessories or products to create that experiential hook and gratification. Shop for clothing products worth $200 and get a free Duffle Bag or anti-theft bag.
- Grocery or supermarket chains can incentivize frequent shoppers with seasonal promotions and upsell long-tail products or bundle them with their regular purchases.
- Day & Time-based: Get an additional 5% off on your grocery purchases above $100 when you shop on Wednesdays between. 11 AM - 1 AM. Max discount of $50 in a single transaction and $200 annually
- Restrictions:- Buy 3 milk packets and get 50% off on custard flavors. Can be availed twice in a single transaction, 5 times in a month, and max 10 times per customer on selected stores
- Catalog/SKU: With every purchase of frozen products get 20% off on bacon. Offer applicable on category purchases above $100
To start with creating a promotion see Create Promotions (Cart/Catalog Promotions).