Release Notes Release Date: April 01, 2021.
The following are the CDP releases.
1. Enable event mapping for custom events (Behavioral Events)
In the behavioral events module, event mapping for custom events is now enabled. This is used in cases where you want to change the event name or attributes coming from other sources. The source event name and attributes can be mapped to a custom event name stored in our system.
The events coming from WebEngage are having space in their names and are not supported by our system. For example, an event named Promotion Viewed is coming from WebEngage. Since the system does not support event names with space, we create a custom event named promotionViewed. Now you can map the custom event’s name to the original event’s name coming from WebEngage.
For details, see Map Custom Event to Source Event.
2. Get parent bill number for return transactions
In a Return transaction type, the parent_bill_number is the unique transaction number of the original bill. This parent_bill_number can be added using Add Transaction API to link the return transaction with its original transaction. Now, parent_bill_number is enabled in the GET Transaction APIs. So, when a return type transaction is retrieved, we also get the parent_bill_number associated with that transaction.
The following are APIs that can help you to retrieve parent_bill_number.
3. Customer registration and profile update (Member Care)
Now Member Care can be used to register new customers and edit profile details of existing customers. Service desk executives familiar with Member Care can use the platform directly for performing any profile updates or customer registrations. For details, see customer registration and profile update.
4. Merge line and bill-level files (Connect+)
Connect+ is a no-code data integration tool. Now it comes with support for joining line-level and bill-level data files and ingesting the joined file using Add Transaction API(v2) in one go/single template. In many orgs, line-level data and bill-level data come in separate files. The new Transaction LineItem Merge template on Connect+ will make transaction data ingestion seamless in such cases.
To set up the Transaction LineItem Merge template, follow these steps.
- In Connect+, click Add dataflow to create a new dataflow on Connect+.
- Click +Select Template and choose the Transaction LineItem Merge template.
- In the Connect-to-Source stage, fill in the required FTP-related information - FTP location where the source line-level and bill-level files will be placed for ingestion.
- In the Join-data stage, enter details pertaining to the bill- and line-level files that need to be joined.
The following are the fields to join the line-level and bill-level.
- File 1 Regex: Enter the file name pattern for File 1. The pattern specified for the bill-level file is bill*.csv.
- File 2 Regex: Enter the file name pattern for File 2. The pattern specified for the line-level file is line*.csv.
- File 1-2 Join Type: Choose the method for joining the two files - INNER JOIN, LEFT_OUTER_JOIN, and FULL_OUTER_JOIN.
- File 1 Headers and File 2 Headers: Enter the headers on which bill-level and line-level files need to be joined.
- File Join Use Case: Select TRANSACTION_LINE_ITEM.
- After completing the above actions, the next steps are the same as setting up Transaction v2 add on Connect+. For details, see Configure Field Mapping & Data Transformation.
5. File size limits (Connect+)
Now we have added restrictions on the file size ingested via Connect+ to prevent the platform from overload.
The following are the restrictions.
- A file waiting for ingestion on Connect+ should not exceed 200 MB.
- Connect+ cannot allow more than 2 million records in a file.
If a file exceeds any of the above conditions, an error message will appear on Connect+.
|Soon we will add notes for these restrictions on the user interface.|