For Store2Door+ configuration, you need to have a WhatsApp business account and configure the business number on Capillary InTouch as explained in the following. You can either have a mobile number or landline number to configure WhatsApp Business account. A landline number needs to be validated through a call where as a moble number can be validated though OTP.
Prerequisites to configure WhatsApp Business
- Business Address
- Contact Email
- Website URL
- Facebook Business Manager ID
- WhatsApp Number
- Template Messages - Messages that the business would like to send to the users as a notification
Install and configure WhatsApp Business
1. On Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp Business. Ensure you navigate to the right app as shown below.
2. Install the app with the business number as shown below.
3. Enter Business name, choose Category, enter contact details, location, and Save the settings.
4. Then, proceed to create store-level custom fields.
Guidelines for WhatsApp Business Account
As part of the mStylist solution, below guidelines or best practices recommended for WhatsApp Business Accounts to reach out to loyal customers.
- Facebook and WhatsApp do not allow sending bulk or promotional communication to customers directly using the WhatsApp Business app.
- For a cost-effective 1:1 route with top loyal customers through WhatsApp Business, Facebook allows sending these messages at zero cost on the assumption that the business owners or POCs are using these for 1:1 personalized official interactions. However, We cannot misuse this route or expect it to replace our promotional bulk SMS or email campaign blasts.
- The following points need to be followed strictly.
- Staff should send only one message per customer. When a positive response is received from the customer, we can further respond to customer queries and then send product recommendations with images.
- Message broadcasts or multiple forwards are strictly not recommended.
- Once a customer engages, we should request the customer to save the WhatsApp Business App account in the phonebook for future interactions. This also adds the credibility of the Business account from the WhatsApp’s standpoint.
- Every store should reach out to a maximum of 30-35 customers a day. Roughly around 5 customers an hour, spaced out over 60 minutes.
- S2D+ mStylist solution is a way for the stores to reach out to the best customers with custom offers on a personalized channel with high open rates. However, it cannot replace campaign channel dynamics.
- While unsubscription may not be a mandate in certain countries, WhatsApp gives the complete right to the end-user to block or report a business account spam. We have no control over that and hence it is important to use restraint and plan a sustained outreach program.