There are three ways of creating audience groups - 1. Upload file, 2. Apply the filter condition, 3. Use existing groups. This section focuses only on creating an audience list through filters (Apply filter condition).
Filters facilitate the effectiveness of a campaign by targeting the right customers in the right context. You can build an audience group based on specific information in a certain period. The information could be on behavior, interests, demographic details, transactions, and more. For example, you can get high spending customers that did not visit your stores for the last three months.
With filters you can:
- Create audience groups using various predefined filters such as transactions, customer details, demographics, custom field details, and loyalty information
- Optimize a group using multiple filters to get a specific intended customer list. For example, you can build an audience group that purchased during Dec 1, 2018 - Jan 31, 2019 with marital status married
- You can either use and/or operators between two filters
- You can reuse an audience list in other campaigns
To create an audience group through filters:
- When creating campaigns, after creating the message type and click Next
- Click Add audience group > Create audience group
- Specify a name for the filter group
- Select the Apply filter condition and click Next
All customers will be selected by default. You will see the count of customers on the right as highlighted in the screenshot above
- Define your Customer Base: You need to define your customer base on which you want to apply filters. You can select all customers or customers of your preferred segments. You can do another round of filtering on the basis of loyalty status. Any filter that you apply will be on the selected customer base
- Across Org or Specific Org Unit: You can choose customers at the org level or filter customers of a specific org unit. To select org unit, on the header, click on the OU drop-down and select the desired OU. All is for the entire org
- All Customers or Select segments: You can either select all customers which is a default option or select customers from specific segments. Click on the respective edit option to select the desired option. For more information, see Select customers of Specific Segments.
- Loyalty Status: You can also include or exclude customers of a specific loyalty status - loyalty customers, non-loyalty customers, and non-registered customers using the Loyalty Status field. For more information, see Select Customers of a Specific Loyalty status.
- Write Filter Conditions: Once you have selected the required customer base, you can apply filters to get a very specific list that is needed. Use multiple filters to get your required customers from the combination of multiple filters or customers that satisfy any of the configured conditions. For example, you can get all customers who are in gold slab and their lifetime purchase value is more than $10000 using AND operator. For more information, see Using Multiple Filters
- Loyalty: Lets you build audience groups with loyalty behavior such as active points, expired points, redeemed points, current tier, registered store, registered date, demographic details, and tier migration. For more information, see the respective topics of the category Filters based on Loyalty Information
- Transaction: Lets you build an audience group based on purchases, returns, and recently purchased products or categories. For more information, see the respective topics of the category Filters based on Transactions
- Campaigns & Coupons: Lets you build an audience group based on the count of redeemed coupons, about to expire coupons, and the number of messages received, and more. For more information, see the respective topics of the category Filters based on Campaigns & Coupons
- User Profile: Lets you build an audience group based on their demographic details, custom field details, subscription status, NDNC status, available communication channels, and more. For more information, see the respective topics of the category Filters based on User Profile
- Purchase pattern: Lets you build an audience group based on their purchase behavior such as preferred shopping time, average transaction value, average basket value, top n customers, favorite products, and more. For more information, see the respective topics of the category Filters based on Purchase Pattern or behavior
- WeChat: Lets you build audience groups that clicked a menu item on WeChat. For more information, see the respective topics of the category Filters based on WeChat.
- Zero power filters: Lets you build an audience group with a specific prediction. When you combine zero-powered filters with standard filters, the chances are high to achieve a better hit rate, better incremental sales by offering relevant products to customers at the right time. For more details, see the respective topics of the category Filters based on Zero Power.
Based on the behavior, activity, or customer details, filters are grouped into the following categories:
- Once you finish configuring the required conditions, click Save Group to save the group