Chart Explore mode lets you focus on a specific chart and analyze the chart data from different perspectives. For example, you can filter down the chart data, split data using dimensions, change visualization, and more. This article covers all the options available in the Chart Explore mode.
To open the chart explorer, navigate to the chart that you wish to explore and click the explore icon. The chart will open in a new page as shown below.
The following are the basic options available to explore a chart.
- Filters: Use the filters icon to drill-down the data by an attribute value and analyze the data to a granular level
- Date Filter: See the data for your preferred duration and compare the data with that if a past duration.
- Dimensions: Use the +/-Dim icon to split the data by a dimension attribute to see the clear contribution of each attribute value of a dimension.
The following are the advanced options available to explore a chart. The options that you see might vary based on the KPIs of the current chart.
Time based Dimension
This is applicable only for dimensions that change by time (Slowly Changing Dimension or SCD). For example, Slab. You can see the data of a specific dimension that changes with time.
To see time-based dimensions, click the > icon to see Advanced Options and click Time based Dimensions.
You can see the movement of SCD by the following date parameters.
- Latest: Shows the data of an SCD dimension for the latest sync date. For example, if the dimension is a slab, then details are shown as per the latest sync date.
- Event Date: Shows point in time data of an SCD dimension on the basis of the event date and selected duration. In the above screenshot, the event is Slab Upgrade. If the KPI is member sale, then the slab details are picked as per the transaction (event) date.
- Start date of date filter: Shows the data of an SCD dimension for the first day of the current date range selected. For example, if the date range is as per the following screenshot, the data will be shown for Sep 1, 2109.
- End date of the date filter: Shows the data of an SCD dimension for the last day of the current date range. For example, if the date range is as per the following screenshot, the data will be shown for 9 Sep, 2109.
- Pick a date: Shows the data of an SCD dimension for a specific day.
Add Data Points
This lets you add more dimensions to the chart. The dimensions that you see depend on the KPI used in the chart.
This option lets you set the sequence in which you want to see the KPIs in the table. To rearrange KPIs, drag and drop each KPI to your preferred position and click Apply.
This option lets you invert the row and column of a table chart. Also for charts with more than one dimension, you have the option to get the count of rows and columns. For example, assume a report zone-level sales - KPIs are Loyalty sales, non-loyalty sales, dimensions are zone name, store name. Now you can see total loyalty sales, non-loyalty sales, and also zone-level loyalty sales, and non-loyalty sales.
This lets you arrange KPIs and dimensions of pivot charts in your preferred order. For example, in the following illustration, the order is as shown below.
1. Store hierarchy: Storegrouping in ascending order
2. Store hierarchy: Zone Name in descending order, and
3. Product: Category in descending order.
|Custom sorting is also available for Pivot table charts|
To sort KPIs and dimensions of the table, hold each KPI and dimension combination label, follow these steps.
- Drag each KPI and dimension combination to the Selected KPIs and Dimensions field as per your preferred order.
- Click on the arrow icon to toggle between ascending and descending order.
- indicates descending order,
- indicates ascending order.
- Click Apply.
Display % of Total
This option lets you see the KPI values in terms of percentages.
This option lets you view dimension level data of a KPI. You will see the list of other KPIs that are used to define the current KPI.