Target is a business objective that is set to a KPI for a specific time period with an aim to motivate staff to focus on the target and achieve the desired result. Target Settings allow users of Essential Insights (EI) of a brand download KPI values for a specific duration according to their preferred frequency, set the target values by modifying the existing values in the file, and upload it back on EI. Then, EI tool uses these target values, calculates the achievement rate, and shows the values for that specific KPI where it is consumed.
|Note: Target Tracking works only for charts with single KPIs. Hence, you cannot use it for charts with multiple KPIs.|
Following are the steps involved in Target Settings:
- Create a New Target Template for a KPI
- Download the template data for a duration with existing values
- Modify the KPI values with your preferred target values
- Upload the modified file back on EI
- View the KPI
The following sections explain how to perform each step in detail.
Step 1: Create a New Target Template
1. On the EI navigation pane, click Target Settings
- Click Create Target Template to create a new target template
- In Template Name, specify a name for the template
- In KPIs, select the metrics for which you want to set targets. You can choose up to 3 KPIs per template. You can use the Search box to fetch a specific KPI
- In Dimensions, select the dimension (s) (associated to the chosen KPI(s)) against which you want to set the target if required. You can have up to 3 dimensions per template.
- Click Create
Step 2: Download Template Data
Once you have created a template with KPIs and dimensions, you need to download the template data for a specific duration in your preferred frequency (Day, Week, Month, or Year) on which you want to set the target values.
- Click on the template name that you want to download and click Download Target Template
- Choose the duration for which you want to see the target template in From and To
- In Time range to be divided by, choose the frequency in which you want to see the pre-populated data - day-wise, week-wise, month-wise, or year-wise based on the chosen duration
- Click Download
Step 3: Set Target Values
Once the file is downloaded, open the file. You should be able to see the values of the chosen KPI(s) for the specified duration according to the chosen intervals. The following screenshot shows the day-wise values.
- Enter the preferred target values and save the file
You need to pass dates in "yyyy-mm-dd" format.
To set date format:
Once saved, you need to upload the file without opening it again.
Step 4: Upload the Target Values
Once you set the target values and save the file, you need to upload it back on EI without opening it again. From the preceding step, do the following:
- Click Upload Target and upload the target file
- Once the file is uploaded, the system will start validating the data and you see blank values in TIME RANGE and DIVIDED BY
- Once the validation is successful, you should see the status as Validated and then followed by Success
This indicates that the target is uploaded successfully and you can now track the achievement rate for the KPI.
- The Download option lets you download the target values file
- When there is a problem with the uploaded file or if the data set is invalid then you will see upload status as Invalid and and an option to download log.
Step 5: View Target in the KPI
Once the target is set, you can view the achievement rate for the KPI for the specified duration. You can see this for both chart cards or score cards.
If target view is applicable for a KPI, you will see the achievement rate for each entry as shown below.
To hide the target view, click the Target icon
To see more details, hover on the information icon
- To see the target achievement column for a KPI, the target should have been set for the KPI for the chosen time period
- Target is visible only if the dimension attribute of the current KPI matches with the attribute of the Target file. For example, if target is set for Total Sales with respect to store ids. For the KPI, you cannot see Target if you change the dimension to Zone
- Target is not applicable for date and custom dimensions