Apart from the standard reports that are available by default, EI allows you to create three types of custom reports.
- Normal Reports: General report that you can create using normal charts.
- Migration Reports: Special reports used to track the migration of users from one slab or segment to another slab or segment. You can use only migration charts to create migration reports.
- External Reports: Add reports that are created outside EI.
Create Normal & Migration Report
To create a custom report, do the following.
- Login to the EI web application.
- On the home page, click Create Report.
- In Report name, specify a name for the report.
- Choose the type of the report Normal or Migration in the drop-down next to Report Name.
- Choose the report category in the next drop-down box - Sales, Customer, Loyalty, CRM, Product, or Migration.
- Click + Add/Remove Charts.
You will see a pop-up screen that prompts you to select charts
- Search for the required chart using the search box. If you do not remember the chart name, you can also get charts by KPIs and Dimensions using the respective boxes.
- Click Add of the respective chart that you want to add
- Click Remove to deselect a chart if not required.
- Close the pop-up screen. You will see the charts added to the report
- Choose the duration of the filter, check the Compare filter to compare data with that of a previous duration, and click Apply. To know more about date filter and comparison with a previous duration, see Filter by Date Range & Compare with Previous Period.
- Click Save to complete creating the report. You can see it in the respective category in All Reports.
You need to publish it manually, as explained below, if you want other users of your organization to access the report. Else, only you (creator) can access the report.
- In All Reports, click the report that you want to publish. Use the Search box and filters to find the report quickly
- Click the More Options icon > Publish.
You will see a success message if the report is published successfully.
External reports are reports that are created on a different tool or platform other than EI. You can configure external reports so that you can view it on EI without the need to switch between different tools for your reports. For example, an org might use a third-party reporting tool if the org data is not available on EI.
However, you can only view external reports that are added for the org and drill down data through filters and dimensions.
|External reports have org level access.|
To add an external report on EI, follow these steps.
- On the EI home page, click Create Report.
- In Report Name, specify a name for the external report.
- In Type, choose External.
- In Category, choose the report category - Sales, Loyalty, Customer, Product, CRM, Leads, or Custom Reports.
- In Description, enter a short description for the report.
- Click Next.
- In Report URL, enter the URL of the external report without parameters.
- In Query Params, enter the parameters of the report URL as key-value pairs. In Key name enter the parameter name, and in value is choose the respective value. Click the + icon to add more parameters.
- userId: To add user id as the query parameter to the report URL.
- ouId: To add Org Unit ID as the query parameter to the report URL.
- orgId: To add Org ID as the query parameter to the report URL.
- Check Authorization if authorization is required to view the report.
- Basic Auth: Provide username and password of the third party tool on which the report is available. The same authentication will be used for any user that views the report.
- Capillary Auth: Uses EI credentials. It uses the authentication of the user that views the report.
- Click Preview to view the report before creating.
- Click Create.