General & Prerequisites
1. How is the CaptureEdge device different from the VisitorMetrix device?
VisitorMetrix captures visitors count, whereas CaptureEdge analyses visitors and provides their age group, gender, fashion profiling, and more.
2. How does the CaptureEdge device work?
CaptureEdge device, when installed along with VisitorMetrix, captures images of visitors when an event is detected. The data & face vector from the images is extracted and sent to the cloud for analysis and prediction.
3. Is it compulsory to have VisitorMetrix along with CaptureEdge?
4. Do I need to arrange a technician for installation? [OR] Can I get the device installed by an in-house technician?
The installation process is very simple and can be done with any technician with remote support from our
team. We can also arrange a technician if an in-house technician is unavailable.
5. What are the prerequisites for installing the device?
The power connection and internet (through LAN or WiFi) at the entrance of the store.
6. Is there a reporting tool for the store/business managers to use and identify the customer demographics?
The device is integrated with Essential Insights which provides advanced-level reporting. The Store Performance Dashboard provides basic counts. There might be enhancements in the future as the product is at an initial stage.
7. What type of information will I get as a result?
VisitorSense provides very useful information required to understand visitors of a store. The information includes footfall count, gender, age group, fashion profiling, dwell time, and more. You can also break up the details using store and time hierarchy.
8. How do the VisitorSense data help in my business?
VisitorSense count, demographics, fashion profiling of visitors along with KPIs like Dwell time and conversion. This information will help to optimize store costs and layouts; provide a better and consistent customer experience to all visitors; personalize merchandise procurement with fast-changing trends thereby improving overall sales and loyalty of each store.
9. Will VisitorSense be able to capture group walk-ins? How about groups that are walking in a single line?
Yes, VisitorSense can capture group walk-ins in all scenarios including walking in a single line.
10. What is the percentage of accuracy which the device is currently able to achieve?
- Footfall count over 95%
- Gender accuracy over 90%
- Age group identification over 85-%
11. Is power required to operate the device?
Yes, a continuous power connection is required for both devices.
12. What if my store is having a high ceiling?
Our technician will visit your store and install the device at the optimum height. You do not need to pay anything extra for the installation.
13. What if my store entrance is too wide?
You may need to get multiple devices installed. Our technician will inform you about the number of devices required for your store before installation. Each device can capture a width up to 1.4 times the height of the device from the floor.
14. What type of power adapter is provided with the device?
We provide two 5V 2.5A 2-pin power adapters.
15. Do we need to have a dedicated system for the device in every store?
16. Is there any case studies document on the results such as ROI?
We already have a Case Study document for VisitorMetrix. We are in the process of creating one for both VisitorMetrix and CaputureEdge combo - VisitorSense.
17. Can you provide the names of a few clients who are using VisitorSense?
Currently, we have VF Corporation (LEE and Wrangler). We are also doing a pilot for Inox, Erajaya (Indonesia).
18. Do we have a competitor analysis in SEA?
19. Can I measure dwell time? If so how?
It is already in our roadmap and will update when available.
20. Will the VisitorMetrix and CaptureEdge be integrated into 1 device at some point? There is a lot of concern over this, especially when it comes to multiple devices
21. Will the devices become sleeker at some point in time?
Yes, we will be improvising the design eventually - both color and size.
22. How long will it take to train the devices to recognize people in different markets?
The product is already efficient to recognize people from different regions. Over time accuracy of the predicted results will improve.
23. Each "module" is pay-as-you-go, but are there any prerequisites for certain modules (e.g. To get fashion profiling, you must have demographics)?
There are no prerequisites if you are buying the entire product, VisitorSense.
24. How does it work if my store has a separate entrance and exit?
We need to install two separate devices, one at the entrance and another at the exit
25. For the facial recognition module to fully work and make recommendations, would the client have to use our recommendation engine?
1. How do I see visitors count?
To see data of any of the last 7 days or hourly data of the current day, you can use Store Performance Dashboard. If you want historical data, use Essential Insights.
2. How do you ship VisitorSense?
We will ship the device through standard courier services. When the device is delivered, our technician visits your store for installation and configuration.
3. What accessories are shipped along with the device?
The VisitorMetrix Device, a CaptureEdge device, 2 DC power adapters, 2 power cables, 8 sets of wall mounting screws, and other hardware required for installation.
4. Do we need to pay for logistics?
We will take care of the shipping and handling charges. You do not need to pay anything extra.
5. How do you handle international shipments?
We also ship the device worldwide and including all the shipping, handling, and import charges. You do not need to pay anything extra.
6. Who will bear the customs duties and import charges?
The pricing includes all the customs duties and import charges as well.
1. How much time does it take to set up a device?
Depending on the store and hardware requirement, it usually ranges from 30 min – 2 hrs.
2. Who will install the device?
Once the device is delivered, we will send our technician to install and configure the device.
3. How to choose the installation spot?
The mounting spot of the VisitorMetrix device varies based on the type of the entrance. See Installing VisitorMetrix section for more details. The CaptureEdge device could range from 8.5-9 ft from the floor and the same distance from VM to the device. The camera of VM and CE should be on the same X-axis.
4. How to position VisitorMetrix and CaptureEdge?
The VisitorMetrix's camera should be parallel to the floor, whereas the CaptureEdge's camera is at an angle of 45 degrees to the floor and face towards VisitorMetrix.
5. What is the capture area of CaptureEdge?
The CaptureEdge capture area will be the same as the VisitorMetrix’s Capture area.
6. What should be the recommended height of both devices from the floor?
It is recommended to install VisitorMetrix at a height of 10-14 feet from the floor, whereas CaptureEdge
7. How to locate the installation spot for the swing door entrance?
Install VM 2 feet away (inwards) from the open door and straight to the center of the entrance. The CaptureEdge device could range from 8.5-9 ft from the floor and the same distance from VM to the device (inwards the store). The camera of VM and CE should be on the same X-axis.
8. How to locate the installation spot for a sliding door or no door entrance?
Install VM 2 feet away from the center of the entrance. The CaptureEdge device could range from 8.5-9 ft from the floor and the same distance from VM to the device (inwards the store). The camera of VM and CE should be on the same X-axis.
9. Can I install multiple devices at an entrance?
The device covers the area 1.4x the device height. You can add extra devices at a distance of 1.4*height
10. How do I identify the power connection of the device?
A red LED light glows when the device is connected to power
11. Do you provide a LAN cable for the device?
Yes. Our technician will provide the LAN cable when installing a new device at the store
12. What are the prerequisites for setting up the device in store?
Please refer to Prerequisite Details Required For Demographics Installation doc in the GTM kit
13. What is the recommended height of the CaptureEdge?
The device should be installed at a height of 8.5 to 9 feet from the floor.
14. How to identify the device capturing area?
The CaptureEdge device should be mounted at a distance of 8.5-9 feet from VisitorMetrix, inwards the store. The CaptureEdge and VisitorMetrix devices should be on the same line.
15. How to mount the device camera?
The CaptureEdge device camera should be installed inwards the store at a distance of 8.5-9 feet from the VisitorMetrix device. The device should be on the same line as the VisitorMetrix and the camera is at an angle of 45 degrees to the floor. The camera surface of the device is already at an angle 45-degree. Refer to the installation guide for detailed details.
1. How do I set up an internet connection to the device?
You need to connect LAN to the CaptureEdge device. VisiitorMetrix will connect to the CaptureEdge hotspot automatically.
2. How do I set the device’s camera capture area?
Once the devices are connected to the internet and are powered on, open http://172.24.1.1:8080 on a web browser, > login with the provided credentials > Click Config Tool. You will see the capture area of both devices. Consider any 8 common points on both the devices and join each point on the VisitorMetrix to the corresponding point on CaptureEdge capture area with straight lines and click Save (Just click on one point of VM's capture area and drag to the corresponding point of the CE's capture area).
3. Who does the software installation?
The software installation is initially performed by Capillary team members.
4. Who does the device configuration?
The initial configuration is done by the Capillary team members.
5. How do you arrange for the device installation globally?
We will arrange a technician to install and configure the device from your region without any additional charge
1. How do I see visitors count?
You can see live data and the data of the last 7 days on the Store Performance Dashboard. You can get the historical data on Insights+.
2. I have multiple devices in my store. How can I avoid duplication?
The devices will be installed in such a way that no two devices can count a single walk-in/walkout. However, the device cannot identify if the same person enters/exits multiple times from one or more entry points.
3. How can I exclude my store staff or delivery guys from the count?
We provide an additional Bluetooth device along with the VisitorMetrix device which will be installed at the entrance to count the staff or delivery person's walk-in or walkout counts. Store staff needs to press the device switch while going out or coming into the store. With this the system calculates the exact customers visit count while generating reports.
4. How do I update the device software?
Whenever a patch is released, the device software will be updated automatically over the Internet.
5. How do I reset the device?
There is no hard reset option for the device, but you can just switch the device off and on to reset.
6. What if the power goes off during operation?
The VisitorMetrix device cannot capture the count when the power is off.
7. What if there is a temporary internet outage? Does it impact the visit count?
The data will be saved in the device’s internal memory. Once the internet is active, the data will be synced to the Capillary Cloud Server.
8. How do I set the capture area?
9. How easy is it to relocate the device?
You need to call VisitorSense support for device installation and configuration.
10. How can I see and download reports of VisitorSense?
To see data on any of the last 7 days or hourly data of the current day, you can use Store Performance Dashboard. If you want historical data, use Essential Insights.
11. How old data can I see through reports?
You can see a maximum of 1 month’s data on InStore. However, on the web-based dashboards, you can see up to one year’s data.
12. What happens in case of a power outage?
Power is mandatory for both devices and it will not work if there is a power outage.
13. How do I see the data captured by VisitorSense?
The client will not have access to the raw image captured by the device. They can just access the reports through Essential Insights and Store Performance Dashboard.
14. How do I update the device firmware?
Device firmware will be installed automatically through the internet whenever a patch is available
15. How to view live data?
Live data can be seen through Store Performance Dashboard.