This category lets you import items and product hierarchy according to the organization's product inventory.
You can have up to four levels above items including brands and categories. For example, if L1, L2, L3, and L4 are four categories from top to bottom level, you can import all categories at a time with a proper mapping or one by one from L1 to L4. However, it is recommended to use the second case to ensure proper mapping.
It is important to understand the following points while configuring Profile Templates.
If same field is selected in both update and ignore
|Data will be updated|
|A column is selected to update but not mapped||Field data will not be updated|
Column not selected to update but mapped
|Field data will not be updated|
Updating item-code details for a category or brand ensuring that the Category and brand import is correct
|Data will be updated|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Update Inventory Line-item
You will have item code by default which is the lowest level. You can add up to four levels above the item code.
Assume L4, L3, L2, L1, L0 as different levels where L0 is item code and L4 is the super parent. You need to first import a parent category followed by child category.
You can make a super parent category a root category using the option Mark parent category as root if not mapped for existing categories.
This profile lets you update existing categories of a brand or add new child categories. To use this profile, the org should have at least one parent category under it.
- Category Code
- Parent Category Code
- Category Name
- Category Description
Leave the Parent Category Code blank for parent categories and specify the respective parent category code for child categories.
Category Code,Parent Category Code, Category Name,Category Description
- Add the fields that you want to allow updating for the current template, Any field that you did not add here will be ignored even if you do the field mapping
- Select Mark parent category as root if not mapped for new categories, to enable converting a new category parent if not mapped any parent category
- Select Mark parent category as root if not mapped for existing categories, to convert existing categories - that are not mapped to any parent category - as parent categories
- Click Submit to save the template
- Mark parent category as root if not mapped for new categories: Check this option to make new parent categories of the current import as root brands.
- Mark parent category as root if not mapped for existing categories: Check this option to make existing parent categories as root brands through the current import.
This profile allows you to import product inventory for an organization. For this, you need to have categories created for the Org and you can specify values of each category in the data file. To import root categories and brands use the profiles Category and Brands respectively. Please navigate to the respective sections for more details.
|If any new category is identified in the file that you import, a category is created without any parent mapping. Hence, if you have new categories, it is recommended to do a category import before importing inventory details.|
Important checklist for inventory import:
Before importing inventory
- identify hierarchy levels and new attributes in the file.
- Item codes are alpha-numeric and do not have special characters, spaces, blank or null values.
- Item codes are unique and no duplicate codes are available.
- An item code is associated only to one category.
- Character count of item codes do not exceed 50 (Else, contact the Platform API Team to extend the character limit)
Each organization might have a different product hierarchy - it could be hierarchy levels, supported attributes, brands or any other attribute. Before starting with the import, you need to validate the data file of the organization with that of the Capillary's.
This profile is used to import the inventory details of stores. The CSV file should contain all the mandatory fields along with supported optional fields.
- Brand Code
- Category Code
- Style Code
- Data Quality Report (DQR) to check the quality of data mapping (in percentage).
- Compare inventory item-codes with that of transaction line-items before importing.
|Disable existing data updation||Check this box to not allow updating existing inventory details if the field value is already available. Not applicable for first time import.|
|Create brand if provided brand_code does not exist||Check this box to allow creating brands automatically if any new brand code (as per the Capillary database) appears in the CSV file.|
|Create category if provided category_code does not exist||Check this box to allow creating categories automatically if a new category code (that is not in the Capillary database) is identified in the CSV file.|
|Create style if provided style_code does not exist||Check this box to allow creating styles automatically if any style code provided in the CSV file does not exist in the database.|
|Select fields to be ignored if invalid||Add fields that you want to ignore from updating in case of invalid field names identified in the CSV file.|
|Select fields to be updated||Add fields that you want to update in the current import. Any other field that is available in the CSV file will be ignored even if you do the field mapping.|
|Disable updation of custom fields with empty values||Check this box to not allow updating custom field values with null values if found in the csv file|
Update Inventory Line-items
This profile lets you update line-item ids (item codes) in the loyalty_bill_lineitems table. Use this profile to update item ids that are wrongly entered or with null values.
- Line-item id
- Item Code
Compare inventory item-codes with that of transaction line-items before importing
Line Item Id, Item Code
Check the Update the existing item code box to allow updating existing item codes with the new values in the csv file and click Submit.
This profile lets you add child brands, or update existing brands. To use this profile, the org should have configured at least with one parent brand.
- Brand Code
- Brand Parent Code
- Brand Name
- Brand Description
Brand Code,Parent Brand Code, Brand Name,Brand Description
Shirts,Apparels,Brand Name,Men Apparels
Add the fields that you want to include for the current profile template and click Submit to save the template.
- Mark parent brand as root if not mapped for new brands: Check this option to make new parent brands of the current import as root brands
- Mark parent brand as root if not mapped for existing brands: Check this option to make existing parent brands as root brands through the current import