To create SMS messages/templates include the following steps:
In the Campaign Overview page, click the +New Message button and select SMS
Figure 1: Selecting the SMS Option
- In the New SMS screen, select the recipient list. Use the campaign-specific list that you have created before or the organization-wide sticky list for selecting the customers. (To create a new list, click the Create Recipient List button. See the Creating Recipient List topic for more information.) Click Next.
Figure 2: Selecting a Customer List
- Attach the coupon series to be used when sending the SMS. If you do not want to attach a coupon series, check the Do not attach Coupons to this Message option. Click Next.
Figure 3: Attaching a Coupon Series
- Choose a template for including the SMS text. Click Skip if you want to create a new SMS text message.
Figure 4: Choosing Template
- In the Customize Content screen, customize the template text. If you had not chosen a template, a blank page appears. Enter the text and include the SMS tags.
With SMS tags, you can personalize your messages. For example, when you include the First Name tag during configuration, the tag is replaced with the customer's first name when the SMS is delivered to the customer. Group tags and custom tags allow you to add personalized content for a specific customer or a group of customers. SMS tags include the following categories:
- Customer tags: Personalizes message with customer information such as first name, last name, or full name of the customer, loyalty points accumulated by the customer, the value of the loyalty points in base currency, and the tier the customer currently belongs to.
- Store tags: Personalizes message with information about the store such as store name, email ID, and external ID.
- Group tags: Personalizes content for a group of recipients.
- Custom tags: Personalizes content for individual recipients.
- OptOut tag: Helps recipient to unsubscribe from the marketing communication. Opt-out tag is mandatory.
For more information about tags, see the SMS and Email Tags topic.
Figure 5: Customizing the Message
Note: A warning message appears for any invalid tags and when the mandatory Optout tag is absent.
- In the Customize Content screen, click the Preview and Test button to preview and test the SMS.
Figure 6: Previewing And Testing Message
- In the Delivery Settings, review the checklist and then schedule the SMS.
- The Store Tag Type setting helps determine the Store tags used in the message. Selecting Registered at displays the store details where the customer registered. Selecting Last Shopped displays the store details where the customer last shopped.
Figure 7: Scheduling Message/Tiny Url
9. Support for Url shortener in Bulk and Timeline Campaign: You can shorten any url in the SMS message by selecting Use Tiny url option in confirmation page.
Note: By default No is selected, if user wishes not to shorten it then user needs to choose Yes.
10. Click Schedule Campaign Message to complete the creation and scheduling of the SMS message. Select whether you want to schedule the email message immediately, on a fixed date, or on a recurring date. If you are scheduling the message on a recurring basis you can also determine the number of customers who can receive the message.