To know the essential installation process and checklists involved, see the attached document.
This section provides the system requirements, FAQs for installing InStore along with the attached installation guide.
The hardware specifications of your computer must be as follows.
|Processor||Intel Atom (1.67 GHz)||Core 2 Duo (2.93 GHz)|
|RAM||1 GB||2 GB|
|Hard disk||25 GB||100 GB|
The InStore application can be hosted on any of the following 32-bit or 64-bit Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, XP with SP3 or SP2
- Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
Operating Systems and their Corresponding .Net Versions
The supported .NET versions change based on the Operating System. The following table lists all the supported Operating System with the corresponding .NET versions supported.
|Operating Systems||.Net Versions|
|Windows 8 or above||.Net 4.0|
|Windows 7||.Net 3.5 or 4.0|
|Windows XP with SP3 or SP2||.Net 3.5 or 4.0|
You must install the following software on your computer:
- TextGRAB (A software for screen grabbing)
- Windows Installer (A Windows component for installing and uninstalling software)
- Setup3 (A file for supporting rules engine)
- A minimum speed of 256 kbps (recommended: 1 Mbps).
The following Microsoft Web page discusses the system requirements for .Net Framework 3.5 in detail:
- What database is used for InStore locally?
Store Center uses SQL Express 2008 R2 and MS SQLServer,
- Do we have to open up ports to install InStore?
You do not have to open up ports for installation.
- What are the prerequisites for installing InStore?
You require Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1 Framework and a custom setup built in-house.
- What registry entries are created while installing Store Center?
Instore ClicOnce Installer:
- What service does InStore use?
Store Center currently uses the .Net 3.5 SP1 service
- How does the data flow to the cloud?
A store will have a local database that stores all the transactions happening in a store. During a specified interval, this data is synced to the Capillary Cloud through our InTouch APIs.
- What connectivity protocols does the InStore Center?
The InStore application communicates with the Capillary Cloud through HTTP, but it can be configured to communicate through HTTPS as well.
- Is there encryption done while transferring the data?
Currently, the data is transferred without any encryption.
- Should SQLite also be installed if MSSQL Express is already installed?
You do not have to install Sqlite for Instore. InStore installation by default contains Sqlite.
- What version of SQLite is currently used?
The SQLite version currently used is 22.214.171.124