Points Redemption lets you configure points conversion ratio, eligibility criteria, and limit for points redemption. The eligibility criteria could be based on current points, lifetime points, or lifetime purchases. You can create different redemption strategies in a loyalty program and configure events (EventView page) to define when to execute a redemption strategy.
You can configure points redemption to
- Set points conversion ratio
- Eligibility in terms of minimum points a customer should earn
- Limit number of points redemption per transaction
- Redeem points in multiples of 'x'
- Customers need at least 150 lifetime points to be eligible for redeeming points,
- Redemption is allowed only in multiples of 50, and
- A maximum of 100 points can be redeemed per transaction
Create or modify Points Redemption Strategy
To create a points redemption strategy, follow these steps.
- On the loyalty program configuration page, click the Points Redemption tab.
- In Each Point is worth, specify the points conversion ratio (in terms of org's base currency) and click Save. It is recommended to use a simple conversion ratio such as 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 0.75 ,1, and so on (Though, a value up to 10 decimal places is supported. Example: 0.1234567891).
- Click +New to create a new strategy [OR] Click the Edit button of a strategy to modify an existing strategy.
The following screenshot is a pop-up screen of new strategy creation.
- In Name, specify a name for the current points redemption strategy.
- Enable Same for all tiers to have a common redemption strategy across tiers. Disable this option to configure different redemption strategies for each tier.
- In Allow redemption in multiples of, set in what multiples you want to allow redemption. To support decimal values, the config Allow Redemption in Decimal Places (Organization Settings > Miscellaneous > Points Management), should be enabled.
- In the Minimum points to be redeemed, set the minimum number of points to be redeemed per transaction. For example, if you set 50, a customer cannot redeem points if his active points are less than 50. If points 5 and 6 are considered, then customers can redeem 50, 55, 60, 65, and so on.
- In the Maximum points that can be redeemed, set the maximum number of points that a customer can redeem per transaction. For example, if you set 100, customers cannot redeem more than 100 points per transaction.
- In the Minimum lifetime points required, set the minimum number of lifetime points a customer should earn to get eligible for redeeming points. For example, if you set 150 until a customer earns 150 lifetime points, he cannot redeem points.
- In the Minimum lifetime purchases required, set the minimum lifetime purchases required for a customer to get eligible for redeeming points. For example, if you set $1500 (considering USD as the base currency) until a customer makes lifetime purchases of $1500, he cannot redeem points.
- In the Minimum current points required, set the minimum number of active points (current points) required for a customer to get eligible for redeeming points. For example, if you set 60, a customer can redeem only when there are 60 active points in his account.
Another example, if the minimum points to be redeemed are 20 and the minimum current points required are 50, then a customer can redeem 20 or more points only when his active points reaches 50 or more.
- In Description, enter a short description of the redemption strategy.
- Click Create. You will be navigated to the Points Redemption page and see the strategy created in the Existing Redemption Strategies field.
Configure Events for Points Redemption Strategy
Once you create a points redemption strategy, you need to configure the PointsRedemption event on the EventsView page to define when to execute the redemption strategy.
- On the Events View page, choose the Points Redemption event,
- Create a ruleset, and in action set the execute action as Redeem Points.
- Save the changes and Reconfigure the loyalty program to reflect the changes in the live program.
You can also configure notifications to be sent to the respective customer on the successful execution of the event. You can notify through SMS, email, or WeChat. For more details, see Configuring Rules.