Points Allocation lets you create various allocation strategies and use the desired one when configuring rule-sets. You can allocate points on transaction amount and custom field values. You can also have common points allocation across tiers or different allocation for each tier.
|For MLP enabled orgs, allocation strategies created in a program are associated only to that program and cannot be used even in the org's default program.|
There are two allocation types - Fixed and Prorated.
- In Fixed, a fixed number of points will be allocated irrespective of the transaction amount.
- In Prorated, points are issued as a percentage of the transaction amount or custom field value.
Based on the allocation types, you can have the following combinations of points allocation strategies.
- Reward points as a percentage of a transaction amount with the same percentage across tiers (example: Tier1: 15%, Tier2: 15%).
- Reward points as a percentage of the transaction amount with different percentages for each tier (example: Tier1: 15% of the transaction amount, Tier2: 20% of the transaction amount).
- Reward a fixed number of points per transaction across tiers. (example: Tier1: 15 points per transaction, Tier2: 15 points per transaction).
- Reward a fixed number of points per transaction with different values across tiers (example: Tier1: 10 points per transaction, Tier2: 15 points per transaction).
This article covers the following topics.
- Create or modify points allocation strategy
- Create points round up strategy for Points Round up Campaign
- Configure points allocation for a custom field
- Configure rules for points allocation
- Configure rules to allocate points at line-item level
To configure points to be allocated for each tier, do the following:
- On the loyalty program configuration page, go to the Points Allocation tab.
- In Round Decimals, select the decimal point that you want to round off for prorated (%) points. 0 is for no decimal, 1 is for one decimal point (example 2.1), 2 is for two decimal points (example 3.23), 3 is for three decimal points (example 4.321). For example, if 50.3458 points has to be allocated to a customer.
|Round Decimals value||0||1||2||3|
|Points round up in each case||50||50.3||50.34||50.346|
- Click +New to create a new strategy. [OR] Click the Edit button of a strategy to modify it.
|In Show Allocation strategies for, you can choose to see points allocation strategies of only Loyalty module, only Campaign module, or All modules (default option).|
- Create a new strategy or modify the existing settings based on the description provided in the following table and click Save.
|Name||Specify a name for the points allocation strategy.|
|Module using the strategy||Choose the module for which you want to use the current strategy (destination) - Loyalty to consume by loyalty module or Campaign to consume by campaign module.|
|Allocate based on custom field (only for the Loyalty module)||Enable this option if you want to allocate points on custom fields.|
For this you need to configure Custom field type and Custom field name.
|Same for all tier||Enable this to have a common points allocation settings across tiers.|
Disable this option to set up different points allocation setting for each tier.
|Allocation type||Choose your preferred allocation type.|
The following are the options available for the Loyalty module (Module using the strategy is Loyalty).
Currently, if 5% of transaction amount are rewarding as points (Prorated - 5%) and during Christmas, you want to double the count, create a promotion and set the points allocation strategy as Points Multiplier and set the rate as 2 for each tier.
The following are the options available for the Campaign module (Module using the strategy is Campaign).
You can run a campaign to round up points that are in between 30-100 to 100 for all customers in the base tier. If a customer has 40 points in his base tier, another 60 points will be credited to his account rounding it up to 100 after you run the campaign.
|All Slabs/Individual tiers||If Same for all tiers is enabled, specify the points to be allocated for a tier in All Slabs.|
If Same for all tiers is disabled, configure the points that you want to allocate for each tier independently.
|Enable delayed accrual||Enable this option to delay points allocation for a specific number of days after the event date.|
In Accrue points after, set the number of days after which the points has to add to the customer's account. The points will be added the next day morning.
If Enable delayed accrual is enabled and set Accrue points after as 7 days and Allocation type is Prorated at 10% for All Slabs.
A customer makes a transaction on 1 Apr, 2019 for $200.
|Description||Specify a short description of the current allocation strategy|
- Once you create allocation strategies, configure Rulesets (EventView page) to define when to execute the Points Allocation Strategy. This is not applicable for campaign points (Module using the strategy as Campaign).
|Important points about Delayed Accrual|
You can also reward points to your customers based on the custom field values that submitted on the customer registration and profile update screens of InStore. This works only for the custom fields with integer values (example: 20) and not for string values (example: John). It is recommended to use fixed points allocation type for custom fields.
To configure rewarding points based on the custom fields, do the following:
- Open the Points Allocation tab and click New to create a new allocation strategy (or ) To modify an existing strategy, navigate to the allocation strategy and click the respective Edit button.
- Set Allocate points based on custom fields to Yes.
- In the Allocation type, choose Fixed to allocate a specific number of points for every transaction (irrespective of the transaction amount). Choose Prorated to allocate points as a percentage of the transaction amount.
- In the Custom field type, choose the location of the custom field on InStore. For example, if the custom field is present on the Registration screen, choose loyalty_registration.
- In the Custom field name, choose the custom field for which you want to issue points.
- Click Save.
The points round up configuration can be done at tier level.
- In Allocation type, choose Round up
- from and to: The range of points that you want to have for roundup. You can configure this at tier level or make it common for all the tiers. For example, if a customer has 40 points (current points) in his/her account and when the campaign is triggered, an additional of 60 points will be added to his/her account making it 100 as configured.
Once you create a strategy, you need to configure the relevant event and define rules based on which you want to execute a specific points allocation strategy.
You can configure rules on TransactionAdd event and DelayedAccrual event.
To configure Rules for Points Allocation:
- On the top menu, click EventView.
- On the Events View page, choose the event for which you want to define points allocation rules. While defining actions, you can choose the desired allocation strategy in Points Allocation as shown below. Always save your settings and click Reconfigure to apply the changes to the live loyalty program.
- You can also set up notifications to send to customers on the successful execution of the event. Configure SMS, email, WeChat and/or Mobile Push templates accordingly. For detailed help on how to configure these messages, see Configuring Notification Messages and Configuring Notifications section in Configuring Rules.
To allocate points at line-item level, you need to have a forward case in which line-item level unroller is enabled. To issue points on line-items based on the item price enable Use proportions as shown below.
|Line item unroller is available only for forward cases (Forward to set action).|
- Enable transaction item unroller: Enable this option to issue points at line-item level. You can see this option only on forward cases (Forward to Set Action).
- Use proportions: Enable this option to split points according to the price of line-items. For example, consider a transaction with bill amount $300 consisting of two line items lineitem1 of $100, and lineitem2 of $200. If points allocation is 10% of transaction amount, then 10 points will be issued for for lineitem1 and 20 for lineitem2.
- Enable tender unroller: Enable this option to configure rules on payment modes.