The campaign dashboard provides detailed insights into the performance of your campaigns and lets you determine your campaign success and optimize your sms/email marketing.
To see a detailed report of a campaign
Log on to the Capillary inTouch of your cluster.
- India Cluster: http://intouch.capillary.in/
- US Cluster: http://intouch.capillary.us/
- Europe Cluster: http://intouch.capillary.eu/
- APAC2 Cluster: https://apac2.intouch.capillarytech.com/
- Click CAMPAIGNS.
You are navigated to the Dashboard page by default as shown below.
The types of filters available on the Dashboard page are explained below:
Status: This allows you to filter the list by campaigns status. In the Status field, click Live to see the list of active campaigns; Lapsed to see the list of lapsed campaigns; and Upcoming to see the list of campaigns that are scheduled to run in the near future.
- Type: This allows you to filter the list by campaign type. You can further filter the list by campaign type. In the Campaign Type drop-down box, choose the type of campaigns you want to see - All, Outbound, Bounceback, Referral, Survey and Timeline.
Click on the campaign for which you want to see the statistics.
The campaign's overview page appears as shown in the following screenshot.
|Reports||Compares the values of emails sent to emails opened, SMSs sent to SMSs opened, coupons issued to coupons redeemed.|
|Incentives||Shows the count of points/coupons issued for that campaign.|
|Recipients Lists||Shows the count of the total number of email ids, mobile numbers and the number of messages created for that campaign. You can see the list of all messages by clicking on the View Lists option.|
|Messages||Shows the summary of messages created for the campaign. The message is shown as SMS for SMS campaign and Email for email campaign. You can see the preview of a message by clicking on the respective View button.|
To see a detailed report of a campaign, click the Reports button on the CAMPAIGNS > Dashboards page as shown below.
You can also access the report on the campaign overview page by clicking on the View More option in the Reports field.
The campaign report page appears. You can see different metrics of the report using the left navigation pane, each metric is explained in the following sections.
The campaign's Monitoring Report page appears as shown in the following screenshot.
Viewing the report breakup
- Delivery rate: The ratio of number of messages delivered to the total number of messages sent which are not bounced (total sent messages - bounced messages). In case of SMS based campaign, bounced messages will be '0'.
Total Sent: Provides the break up of the messages by status that are sent through the gateway. This chart shows out of the total number of messages sent, the number of messages delivered, not delivered and awaiting delivery.
Total Not Sent: Provides the breakup of messages that are failed to send even to the message gateway. In this chart you can analyze This chart shows the number of messages that are failed to the communication gateway such as invalid information and internally suppressed list.
- Internally Suppressed List: This includes the messages failed at the communication gateway. This can happen due to blocked numbers, DND & NDNC subscribed list, the messages credit limit is exceed, message rate limit is exceed, unsubscribed from the org messages and if the org is disabled.
- Invalid Information: This includes messages failed due to reasons such as: recipient is a non-loyalty customer, coupon is already redeemed by that customer, wrong coupon date format used and any of the tags used in the email/SMS message does not contain any value, no coupon type present, no custom field value, no custom tags present, wrong coupon date format, no last shopped store, group tag not present, no coupon for the user, opt-out tag not present.
The data in the report is shown by customer list by default.
Filter by customer list
You see the detailed breakdown of data by customers as shown below.
You can also see the report by date as explained in the following.
Filter by date:
You can see the list of customers opened the email during the selected date range as shown below.
View click metrics by user: From the previous screen, click View click metrics by user to see the breakdown of data by user.
Forward to friends
Coupon Redemption report
You can see the report in different charts, such as bar chart, line chart, column chart, pie chart and so on, using the Create Visualization option present on the top of each report.
Upload Error Summary
View audience upload summary
View coupons upload summary