Export Framework lets you export metric values of a specific customer list using an Audience filter in a template. For example, you can export transactions made by a specific audience in a particular store. Use the right template based on the data you want to export.
See the following example for a better understanding:
Alan needs to export loyalty details of customers who registered at a specific store
You can get registered customers of a specific store using the Members template. However, the maximum duration that you can have is one year. So you cannot get the entire set of registered customers through one export.
Important points to note while creating audience list:
- You can get only loyalty and non-loyalty customers through the Members template
- You can get all target audience of a campaign through the Users template irrespective of their loyalty status
- Date range is not applicable in audience list export and Based on will be set to Audience selected by default
Configuring a customer list export schedule involves the following steps:
- Define a name and description for the export job
- Set up the frequency and validity of the job
- Choose the templates with events data
- Tag the audience list to the template
To export audience list:
- On Essential Insights, navigate to Data connectors > Export Schedules
- Click Create Export Schedule
- Schedule Name: Specify a name for the current schedule job
- Description: Specify a short description of the schedule job
- Schedule Type: The target destination of the export files. Select FTP to save the files in the preferred FTP location, S3 to save the files in the internal S3 server. S3 is only used internally.
- Frequency: Choose the frequency of running the current export job - Once, Daily, Weekly or Monthly. You can set a maximum of one-year duration
The duration (From & Till dates) of the schedule job should always be future dates.
|Once||Runs the export job on the scheduled date(only once). The data is considered based on the last updated date.|
In this, the Execute on date will be selected by default, which is the current date.
In Export Data from, you need to choose the duration for which you want to capture the data (supports up to one-year duration). You cannot select the current date or future date.
If you want to export data for a specific date range, the date range of Execute Date should always be more than the end date filter that you
apply in the chosen template (s) - Modify Templates > Filters > Date
Note: You can use Date or Time in filters to get the data by event date or event time respectively.
|Daily||Runs the export job on a daily basis for the duration you specify. |
In Validity, choose the duration for which you want this daily schedule to run. You can select only current and future dates. You will get previous day's data the next day. For example, you will get current day's data the next day.
Note: You cannot select past date in Validity
|Weekly||Runs the job on a weekly basis for the duration you specify.|
In Execute on, select the day of the week when you want to run the weekly schedule
In Validity, choose the duration for which you want this weekly schedule to run. You can select only current and future dates. You can select a maximum of 1 year duration.
Note: If Execute on is set to Sunday (s), you will get weekly data every Monday.
|Monthly||Runs the job on a monthly basis for the specified duration.|
In Execute on, select the day of the month when you want to run the monthly schedule, which is from 1-30/31.
In Validity, choose the duration for which you want this monthly schedule to run. You can select only current and future dates and a maximum of 1-year duration.
Note: If Execute on is set to 1, you will get monthly data that is available until the 1st of every month on the 2nd.
- Notify Recipients: Select the recipients for the current schedule and click Select to apply. These users will get recurring notifications (until the validity of the job) whenever the job runs and sends the link of the target location of the exported data.
- In Export Templates, click Add/Remove Templates
- Check the templates that you wanna add to the export job and click Select. The templates should contain events data to download the customer list
By default, all the applicable KPIs and dimensions of the template are selected. You need to modify the template to select the customer list and also the KPIs and dimensions that you want to export.
Click Modify the template.
- Click the Filters icon and navigate to the Audience tab.
- Select your preferred audience list. You can also search for a specific list using the Search box. You will see all the selected audience list (segment) as shown below.
- Click Save.