The Referral Campaigns help you to acquire new customers by utilizing your existing customers' network. The existing customers can refer their friends and contacts to visit your store. You can configure your referral campaigns to reward both the referrer (the existing customers who had provided the email IDs or phone numbers of their friends) and the referrals (the friends of existing customers to whom the invitation to visit the store had been sent) when the referrals enrol into your loyalty program or make transactions.
TOPICS ON THIS PAGE
- Creating Referral Campaigns
Creating Referral Campaigns
To create referral campaigns, do the following:
1.On the Campaigns Dashboard, click the + New Campaign button.
2. On the New Campaigns screen, do the following:
- In Campaign Type, choose Referral.
- In Campaign Name, type a name for the new campaign.
- In Description, type a short description of the campaign.
- In Valid Between, using the Calendar option, set the campaign duration - start date and end date of the campaign.
- In Campaign Objective, select the objective from the drop-down list. See figure below.
The table below provides descriptions of each category of Campaign Objective.
|Acquisition||General||Acquire new transacting customers from a given acquisition channel|
|Referal||Acquire new transacting customers through referrals by an existing customer|
|Delight||Birthday/Anniversary||Delight customers with incentives around life events to encourage them to transact by redeeming points or coupons|
|Feedback/Survey||Delight customers with incentives and encourage them to take a survey or provide feedback|
|Informational||Customer Joinee Program||Encourage new loyalty customers to know more about the program benefits and the brand. Increase in repeat purchase frequency and LTV|
|Store Opening (Awareness)||Inform customers nearby about a new store opening to boost transactions at the store|
|Product Launch||Inform potentially interested customers about a new product launch to boost sales for the newly launched product|
|Season/Arrivals||Inform potentially interested customers about new collections/stock in the stores to boost sales|
|Brand awareness, Informercial||Brand building exercise and information sharing with customers to increase overall customer engagement with the brand|
|Promotional||Up sell||Promotional campaign to encourage people to buy higher volumes of the same SKUs - higher count per SKUs|
|Cross-Sell||Promotional campaign to encourage people to buy different SKUs - higher count of unique SKUs|
|Sales Booster||Promotional campaign to encourage people to buy more - higher ABS and ABV|
|Miscellaneous||Heavy Discount Sale (includes EOSS)||Boost sales during any heavy discount periods including festivals and EOSS|
|Frequency Enhancer||Encourage lower frequency visitors to transact more frequently|
|Lapsation||Reactivate lapsed customers and encourage them to transact"|
6. In Incentivize Referrer, choose when to incentivize the referrer:
- Dynamically as he reached the criteria: To issue incentives dynamically as and when the configured criterion is met.
- At the end of the campaign: To issue incentives at the end of the campaign period.
7. Select other additional options:
- Select Disable Test-Control to include all the customers eligible for this campaign. (Normally every campaign will have a control group (for example 10% of the eligible members who are randomly selected) to whom the marketing communication is not sent. The control group is essential to measure profits.)
- Select Make Default for POS to make this campaign default in PoS. When you enable this option, also choose how to send the referrals (by email or SMS).
- Select Invite Registered Customer to invite referrals who had already registered.
- Select Register Customer Online to enable registering customers online using the Social App and provide the registration link in Link to Microsite.
4 . Click Create Campaign. After saving the Campaign, you need to configure the SMS or Email message.
Configure SMS & Email Messages
Configure Email Message
- Create the text message using the available tags.
- After creating the message, click Review and Save.
A Review screen appears.
- Click Save after reviewing the message.
Proceed to the Rewards section.
Configure Reward Settings
Incentives to Referee
Referees are the friends of existing customers to whom the referral had been sent. In Actions, define whether you want to reward the referee for registering to the loyalty program or on completing a transaction in the store.
Incentives to Referrer
Referrers are the existing customers who had provided the referrals (the email IDs or phone numbers of their friends). In Actions, define when to reward the referrer (when their friends register or complete a transaction). You can also choose the number of registrations or transaction that have to be done before you reward the referrer.
After configuring reward settings, attach the coupons to the referral campaign. See Configuring Coupons for more information.
You need to configure Points Rewards using Loyalty. First, create a points allocation strategy, with Module using the strategy as Campaign. For more details, see Create points allocation strategies.
Then configure loyalty rules (EventsView) as explained in the following.
- Events supported: CustomerRegistration, TransactionAdd, and pointsAllocation.
In rulesets, navigate to the set to configure the rule expression and define your rule expression and action.
- Condition (Rule Expression)
To incentivize on referee registration count:
To incentivize on referee transaction count