You can export data only to an FTP or SFTP server. Insights+ now supports configuring up to five FTP/SFTP servers and use the desired one while configuring an export job. For example, you can have one dedicated to Capillary internal exports and others for org exports based on the location. From the FTP location, you can then download data to your local machine.
To configure the FTP/SFTP server, follow these steps.
- On Insights+ UI navigate to Data Export > Export Configurations.
- Click Add FTP Server.
- In FTP Name, specify a name for the FTP or SFTP Server. The name will be displayed when configuring an export job (in Select FTP).
- In FTP Server Address, enter the URL of the FTP/DDFTP. For example, gravano.dreamhost.com.
- In Username, type the username of the FTP/SFTP server.
- In Password, type the password of the FTP/SFTP server.
- In the Default Target Folder box, specify the path (in FTP/SFTP server) to which you want the data to be saved. For example, '/export'. If the path is not specified, data will be saved in the root directory of the FTP server.
- Set Enable Password Protection to Yes to enable password protection for the files that will be exported to the current server.
- Click Submit.
- If the specified folder is not identified in the Target Path of the FTP server, the configuration fails.
- The file name of an exported file will have the following naming convention.
- schedulename__templateName_timestamp. For example, DailySlabChange__SlabChangeLog__2019-10-29-12-30-02__1572356331802.